Easily analyse the data within a grid by using the summary panel located at the bottom of the grid.
1. Summary Types
The following summary types are available:
- Count - The amount of records in the column.
- Sum - The total of all the records in the column.
- Average - The average value of all the records in the column.
- Min - The value of the lowest record in the column.
- Max - The value of the highest record in the column.
2. Applying Column Summaries
You can apply multiple summary types for each column displayed on the grid:
- Right-click in the summary panel located at the bottom of the grid, directly beneath the target column.
- From the context menu that appears, select the summary type you'd like to apply.
- You can apply multiple summaries to each column of the grid.
- Remove an individual summary type by right-clicking on the summary and selecting None.
- Remove all summaries applied to a specific column by right-clicking in the summary panel, directly beneath the target column and select Clear Summary Items.
3. Summary Mode
There are 3 summary modes: 'All Rows', 'Selection' and 'Mixed'.
- All Rows will summarize the values of all rows visible on screen.
- Selection will summarize the values of all selected rows. Below you can see the 'Estimated Sales Value' column summarizing the top 4 selected rows only.
- Mixed summary mode will switch from 'All Rows' to 'Selection' mode depending on whether 1 or more rows are selected. As soon as multiple rows are selected, 'Selection' mode will apply.