We have made it easy to setup task templates, consisting of a predefined list of tasks or steps to be completed.
Create a new template
1. Navigate to Tasks - Maintenance - Task Templates. Press the Add New icon on the main toolbar.
2. Provide a Name for your task template and Description.
3. In the Template Task grid, create all of your tasks to be imported as a template. Add new task by clicking on the line 'Click here to add new row' and name the task or right-click in an open area on the task grid and select 'New' - 'Task Template Detail' from the context menu that appears.
4. Add new sub-tasks by selecting the task on the grid to which you want to add the sub-task to, selecting the Sub-Tasks tab on the right-hand side task detail box and follow the same process as above to add sub-tasks lines.
See Creating New Tasks for more information.
Set the sequence numbers
- If you do not set any sequence numbers, then the task lines will get imported in the sequence in which they were created in.
- If you want to change the sequence in which the task lines get imported, then amend the values in the 'Seq' column.
- Once you've added your sequence number values, right-click on the sequence number column and select Sort Ascending. This will sort the grid in the order in which the task lines will be imported.