Use Member Permissions to hide specific fields on a record.
Do not show a specific field E.g. the VAT Number field on the Account table.
1. Open the Type Permissions Tab on the Roles Screen.
2. Under 'Target Type' select the line Account. Setting Read, Write, Create, Delete and Navigate permissions here will affect the permissions for all fields found on this table (in this case, the Account table).
3. Double-click on the line to invoke a pop-up window, set the Navigate column to 'Allow'. This gives the roles access to navigate the Account Table.
4. Set the Read, Write, Create and Delete options to 'Deny'.
5. Select the Member Permissions tab and click on the empty line to create a new entry.
6. Open the Member dropdown menu and click on Select All.
7. Scroll on the VAT Number Field and set the checkbox to false.
8. Set the Read and Write options to 'Allow'.
This role is now permitted to navigate the Account table but can only read and write on the customer fields which are marked as 'Allowed' and therefore, is unable to see or edit the VAT Number field as it is the only field within the Account table that we unselected and so, does not have read or write permissions.