In order to process in Paradigm you need to setup your company details and have a minimum of one branch linked to each company.
Within each branch you can link each of your warehouses. You can create multiple companies in a single Paradigm database and integrate each company with its own financial Sage Evolution database.
1. Setup your companies
To set up your organisational structure, navigate to Administration → Setup → Companies. After first installing Paradigm, a default company is automatically created called Paradigm Demo. Double click on the Paradigm Demo company to get to the details tab.
- Add your company name in the Name field and enter a code for your company in the Code field. Remember that the Paradigm Demo company must be overwritten with your company name and code. Do not create a new company with these details.
- Add additional companies if necessary by clicking on + add new icon in top left of screen.
- All uneditable fields on this tab are maintained in the Sage Evolution database and upon setup of your company will auto-populate to Paradigm.
Financial Integration Tab
- Select the Financial Integration tab.
- Set the Integration System to Evolution.
- Capture the SQL Server Name.
- Capture the SQL Username.
- Capture the SQL Password.
- Capture the SQL Database Name. This is your Sage Evolution Database name.
- Capture the Common Database Name.
- Save details (CTRL + S) The details from Evolution will automatically sync with Paradigm after saving and fetch all necessary master files.
For more information, see Setup Sage Evolution Integration.
2. Set up your branches
Navigate to the Branches Tab on the company screen to view your list of branches. After first installing Paradigm, a new branch is automatically created and called Branch 1 Paradigm Demo. Double-click on this record to open up the detail view of this company. This branch is also flagged as the default branch. It will auto fill on all new documents and certain records in Paradigm.
- Overwrite code and branch with your company branch details.
- To add additional Branches, click on the + Add New button on the branch grid toolbar or CTRL + N.
- Save detail (CTRL + S) and close.
3. Setup your Warehouses
Once you're connected to your financial system, all of your warehouses that have been setup in Sage Evolution will be created in Paradigm. All warehouses brought down from Sage Evolution will automatically be linked to your default branch in Paradigm. To link warehouses to different branches, do the follow these steps:
- Navigate to Administration → Setup → Warehouses
- Double click onto warehouse and change the branch.
Setup of company, branches and warehouses complete. √